Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: StatueThis is a featured thread

Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  | Next
Beatrix25
Beatrix25
60. RE: Statue
Apr 9 2009, 7:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2009, 7:46 PM EDT
Yes, to me it looked like the smoke monster was either attacking Anubis or intimidating it. What I got from it, is that the smoke monster has more authority over Anubis. Is Jacob Anubis? Remember when Jacob asked Locke to help him. Maybe Anubis/Jacob did something real bad thousands of years ago and he needs the people on the island to help him get out of the bind that he is in with the smoke monster. I don't know. There were alot of heiroglyphics on the wall. I though I saw ISI, almost like someone left the S out for Isis. I don't know, because I never saw a heiroglyphic write a name out, it was probably something else. Does anyone else think that Jacob is the same as Anubus or whatever god or goddess you think it is? Wheres dihoos, he always gives good insight on the Egyptian's.
Do you find this valuable?    
dihoos
dihoos
61. RE: Statue
Apr 9 2009, 8:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2009, 8:54 PM EDT
"I think it makes the statue more likely to be Isis. Anibus (underground) Isis (above ground)"
It's still to soon, but the evidence is weighing in my Anubis's favor.
dihoos
dihoos
62. RE: Statue
Apr 9 2009, 8:53 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2009, 8:53 PM EDT
"Yes, to me it looked like the smoke monster was either attacking Anubis or intimidating it. What I got from it, is that the smoke monster has more authority over Anubis. Is Jacob Anubis? Remember when Jacob asked Locke to help him. Maybe Anubis/Jacob did something real bad thousands of years ago and he needs the people on the island to help him get out of the bind that he is in with the smoke monster. I don't know. There were alot of heiroglyphics on the wall. I though I saw ISI, almost like someone left the S out for Isis. I don't know, because I never saw a heiroglyphic write a name out, it was probably something else. Does anyone else think that Jacob is the same as Anubus or whatever god or goddess you think it is? Wheres dihoos, he always gives good insight on the Egyptian's."
I kinda disagree I believed it looked like Anubis was commanding the smoke beast, he looks like he is feeding it something as if it were it were his pet or tool of judgment. Check out the screen shot

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/4/4b/RaMonster.jpg

Possibly offering a soul for the smoke monster to consume or judge?
dihoos
dihoos
63. RE: Statue
Apr 9 2009, 9:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2009, 9:07 PM EDT
"Yes, to me it looked like the smoke monster was either attacking Anubis or intimidating it. What I got from it, is that the smoke monster has more authority over Anubis. Is Jacob Anubis? Remember when Jacob asked Locke to help him. Maybe Anubis/Jacob did something real bad thousands of years ago and he needs the people on the island to help him get out of the bind that he is in with the smoke monster. I don't know. There were alot of heiroglyphics on the wall. I though I saw ISI, almost like someone left the S out for Isis. I don't know, because I never saw a heiroglyphic write a name out, it was probably something else. Does anyone else think that Jacob is the same as Anubus or whatever god or goddess you think it is? Wheres dihoos, he always gives good insight on the Egyptian's."
I also researched the Hieroglyphs the don't make any sense in term of classical Egyptian translations. They seem to be just simple pictographs.
dihoos
dihoos
64. RE: Statue
Apr 9 2009, 9:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2009, 9:14 PM EDT
also you can connect anubis to the countdown timer which when counted down translated to underworld as stated by producer Damon Lindelof At Comic Con 2006.

follow the link below

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Hieroglyphs#Countdown_timer

it gives really good insight into how the hieroglyphs relate to things going on with the show like the themes of death and the underworld.
Mike1177

Mike1177
65. RE: Statue
Apr 9 2009, 9:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2009, 9:25 PM EDT
"I kinda disagree I believed it looked like Anubis was commanding the smoke beast, he looks like he is feeding it something as if it were it were his pet or tool of judgment. Check out the screen shot

Possibly offering a soul for the smoke monster to consume or judge?"
Hard to tell analyzing this pic, but now looking at it, it doesn't seem they are fighting. At first I was with Stephany and Beatrix, thinking this image may symbolize the upcoming war they've been leading up to. But looking at this image again, I'm doubting that theory. First off Anubis is on his knees, with his hand up to the smoke monster. This looks to be a gesture of peace or respect. Could Anubis be pleading? And is that an ankh behind Anubis? And what could the eye and serpant mean or symbolize?
First_Marti
First_Marti
66. RE: Statue
Apr 9 2009, 11:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2009, 11:13 PM EDT
"I kinda disagree I believed it looked like Anubis was commanding the smoke beast, he looks like he is feeding it something as if it were it were his pet or tool of judgment. Check out the screen shot

I agree with you on this one dihoos. It looked to me as well as if Annubis was commanding the smoke monster.
Stephany1177
Stephany1177
67. RE: Statue
Apr 9 2009, 11:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2009, 11:17 PM EDT
"I agree with you on this one dihoos. It looked to me as well as if Annubis was commanding the smoke monster."
Could be, but Mike has a good point about Anubis being down nearly on his knees. That could be anything from a peace offering, worshipping, pleading... Taking a second look though, it does seem more of a respect between the two so-to-speak.
Beatrix25
Beatrix25
68. RE: Statue
Apr 21 2009, 4:04 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 21 2009, 4:04 AM EDT

Your right dihoos. I watched it again the other night and put it on pause. I saw the same thing, Anubis had something in his right hand I believe and it looked like Anubis was feeding the smoke monster something, maybe rewarding it for something. Good work dihoos! I also like what you said about offering a soul to the smoke monster to consume or judge, to me, that would explain alot as to why certain people are healed, certain people die and why certain people are punished on the island. Maybe it is showing us that Anubis has full control over the island and the smoke monster and has the smoke monster do different tasks at different times.
jedp67

jedp67
69. RE: Statue
Apr 21 2009, 7:02 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 21 2009, 7:02 AM EDT
I accept that Anubis is very important here and in the Egyptian scheme of things but I am sticking with the "complete" statue that we have seen as being Thoth.
Did anybody notice what Jack was cleaning off the blackboard in the school room when Ben's dad entered? ....... "words of god"
Ancient Egyptian writing was pictographic. Pictures representing words. Writing was associated with Thoth, the ibis headed and sometimes baboon headed God of learning and writing. His words, his teachings and the script used were referred to as "The Words of God"
Anubis? Naaah! Where are the upright dog/jackal ears?? Both broken off?
First_Marti
First_Marti
70. RE: Statue
Apr 22 2009, 12:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 22 2009, 12:23 AM EDT
"I accept that Anubis is very important here and in the Egyptian scheme of things but I am sticking with the "complete" statue that we have seen as being Thoth.
Did anybody notice what Jack was cleaning off the blackboard in the school room when Ben's dad entered? ....... "words of god"
Ancient Egyptian writing was pictographic. Pictures representing words. Writing was associated with Thoth, the ibis headed and sometimes baboon headed God of learning and writing. His words, his teachings and the script used were referred to as "The Words of God"
Anubis? Naaah! Where are the upright dog/jackal ears?? Both broken off?"
Dijoos
Last week I found a great website, now I have lost it, but it was an Egyptian Archilogist site dedicated to LOST. It said that there were several hyroglyphics (sorry about my spelling) in the cave and room where Ben was, but not all Egyptian. It also said that the one painting pointing towards where the smoke came from was Anubis. Then, it said that the statue outside was Taweret, since we saw it from the back, we didn't see the head which is a head of an alligator, which meant birth. So, where Anubis was the God of the underworld, Taweret was the God and giver of life. But I don't think either had anything to do with the problem of childbirth. It said that it could be what is in the shadow of Taweret's four toes. By the way, Anubis was in the shape of a man except for his head, so he had 5 toes, but Taweret is an animal and only has 4. (not really an animal - you know what I mean.)
dihoos
dihoos
71. RE: Statue
Apr 22 2009, 9:02 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 22 2009, 9:02 AM EDT
"Dijoos
Last week I found a great website, now I have lost it, but it was an Egyptian Archilogist site dedicated to LOST. It said that there were several hyroglyphics (sorry about my spelling) in the cave and room where Ben was, but not all Egyptian. It also said that the one painting pointing towards where the smoke came from was Anubis. Then, it said that the statue outside was Taweret, since we saw it from the back, we didn't see the head which is a head of an alligator, which meant birth. So, where Anubis was the God of the underworld, Taweret was the God and giver of life. But I don't think either had anything to do with the problem of childbirth. It said that it could be what is in the shadow of Taweret's four toes. By the way, Anubis was in the shape of a man except for his head, so he had 5 toes, but Taweret is an animal and only has 4. (not really an animal - you know what I mean.) "
what was the Egyptian Archilogist site dedicated to LOST, cuz that sounds really cool.
LostRules!
LostRules!
72. RE: Statue
Apr 22 2009, 9:08 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 22 2009, 9:08 AM EDT
Yeah , the only time besides this one , where we first seen the statue was in the end of season 2 . I think it was when jacj, Kate and Sawyer was in the boat and they went around to the other side of the island and there it was . Then there was the time when Kate and Sawyer was hostages with the others , they were gathering rocks . I don't know what it might be , but it may be a God they worship or it may be their theory that if they bulid another icon that it may ward off the smoke monster. I hope we get to see what is is and what is might be used for.
First_Marti
First_Marti
73. RE: Statue
Apr 23 2009, 4:37 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 23 2009, 4:37 AM EDT
"what was the Egyptian Archilogist site dedicated to LOST, cuz that sounds really cool.
"
I am going to have to find it again. It was obviously Anubis with the smoke, but there were all sorts of other hyroglypics as well that were not Egyptian. It was a cool site. I have been sick and my computer for LOST got a virus, but I found this in Google. I might have written it down because I got really excited. But I do agree with Jo -- the real question is in the shadow of the foot. I would have to look up the picture of the foot - but were there stairs coming up from the water?
jedp67

jedp67
74. RE: Statue
Apr 23 2009, 6:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 23 2009, 6:34 AM EDT
Thoth, the Author of the Book of the Dead. Anubis was just his lapdog! No pun intended!

Thoth, the author of the texts that form the PER-T EM HRU, or Book of the Dead, was believed by the Egyptians to have been the heart and mind of the Creator, who was in very early times in Egypt called by the natives "Pautti," and by foreigners "Ra." Thoth was also the "tongue" of the Creator, and he at all times voiced the will of the great god, and spoke the words which commanded every being and thing in heaven and in earth to come into existence. His words were almighty and once uttered never remained without effect. He framed the laws by which heaven, earth and all the heavenly bodies are maintained; he ordered the courses of the sun, moon, and stars; he invented drawing and design and the arts, the letters of the alphabet and the art of writing, and the science of mathematics. At a very early period he was called the "scribe (or secretary) of the Great Company of the Gods," and as he kept the celestial register of the words and deeds of men, he was regarded by many generations of Egyptians as the "Recording Angel." He was the inventor of physical and moral Law and became the personification of JUSTICE; and as the Companies of the Gods of Heaven, and Earth, and the Other World appointed him to "weigh the words and deeds" of men, and his verdicts were unalterable, he became more powerful in the Other World than Osiris himself. Osiris owed his triumph over Set in the Great Judgment Hall of the Gods entirely to the skill of Thoth of the "wise mouth" as an Advocate, and to his influence with the gods in heaven. And every follower of Osiris relied upon the advocacy of Thoth to secure his acquittal on the Day of Judgment, and to procure for him an everlasting habitation in the Kingdom of Osiris.
Thoth was the judger of "The Two Great Combatants"
JessePA
JessePA
75. RE: Statue
Apr 30 2009, 12:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 30 2009, 12:49 AM EDT
To me the statue looked more Mayan than Egyptian.... but you have to think about both Mayan and Eqyptian sites have shown images of men from space.... maybe the island is actually a spaceship, and the others are aliens... just a thought
First_Marti
First_Marti
76. RE: Statue
Apr 30 2009, 3:31 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 30 2009, 3:31 AM EDT
"To me the statue looked more Mayan than Egyptian.... but you have to think about both Mayan and Eqyptian sites have shown images of men from space.... maybe the island is actually a spaceship, and the others are aliens... just a thought"
When I mentioned that, no one agreed with me. When Ben was in the cavern there were all sorts of pictures on the walls - not all Egyptian. So there could have been Mayan, Christian (Christians tried to use letters - "L" stood for God) and then the fish, I feel that the Island had been there for ever and since all these places were underground all the historical readings had been protected from the weather and the once active volcano that is on the island.
Shadowfyr
Shadowfyr
77. RE: Statue
May 4 2009, 1:46 AM EDT | Post edited: May 4 2009, 1:46 AM EDT
It is face-less... thats what i think... i say this because it shows that you make your own fate... you can control your DESTINY... Egyptians were very exctatic, par say, on destiny and fate...
dihoos
dihoos
78. RE: Statue
May 4 2009, 6:59 PM EDT | Post edited: May 4 2009, 6:59 PM EDT
"It is face-less... thats what i think... i say this because it shows that you make your own fate... you can control your DESTINY... Egyptians were very exctatic, par say, on destiny and fate... "
I can dig it...............
Beatrix25
Beatrix25
79. RE: Statue
May 13 2009, 7:44 PM EDT | Post edited: May 13 2009, 7:44 PM EDT
Are we ever going to see the front of this statue, maybe someone has to turn a wheel again to see it.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  | Next