Discussion: Time Travel: The past, present, and futureReported This is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts
#1LostFan
#1LostFan
Time Travel: The past, present, and future
Feb 12 2009, 2:38 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 12 2009, 2:38 PM EST
We have seen the survivors go to different time periods, including some during the time they crashed on the Island. What if in previous seasons, some of the characters who are time travelling have actually interacted with other survivors. What I mean by this is that we may have seen some people from the future in past episodes without even realizing this. Here are some examples:

Rose was certain that Bernard was alive when they first crashed, despite him being in the tail section. Locke has a way of knowing what is best for the survivors (and even can accurately predict when it will rain).

I was also thinking about Adam and Eve from Season 1. I think that it could be possible that these skeletons are current characters that have traveled in the past (Jack or Sawyer and Kate could be one example).

Before Charlotte died, she said that Daniel had warned her never to come back to the Island in the past. Daniel could have traveled to a time with the Dharma Initiative, as seen in the season 5 premiere, and warned her not to come because he knows she will die. However, since you cannot change the past, his attempts will ultimately fail.

2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
rosie08
rosie08
1. RE: Time Travel: The past, present, and future
Feb 15 2009, 8:40 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 15 2009, 8:40 AM EST
on which episode does charlotte die?
and i like this theory alot :)
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Dharmafriend14
Dharmafriend14
2. RE: Time Travel: The past, present, and future
Feb 15 2009, 1:22 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 15 2009, 1:22 PM EST
Maybe your on to something. i mean locke always is told what to do and since about season 4 has been told by Jacob, ben, and specific others. Rose was just doing some mind thing to keep positive, but i'm not saynig your wrong you could be right. Also we no nothing abut Daniel, member opener to season 5 when we see him in the orchid i think thats going to happen. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

k2climb
3. RE: Time Travel: The past, present, and future
Feb 16 2009, 12:21 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 16 2009, 12:21 PM EST
I had a thought about the "time travel" process that is the crux of the show this season. Instead of thinking about a linear progression of time, back and forth along a continuum, what if these time sequences are all happening at once, just in different dimensions, almost like a 3-D hologram. Bizarre, I know, but it occured to me. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Fivish
4. RE: Time Travel: The past, present, and future
Apr 22 2011, 2:17 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 22 2011, 2:17 AM EDT
As the show takes place in Purgatory the writers can do anything no matter how preposterous (Contrary to reason or common sense; utterly absurd or ridiculous). Don't waste your time analysing the show, there are no answers only confusion. 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on .)