Click the EasyEdit button above to add your own details, theories, and questions.
Episode Title: D.O.C.
Episode Number: Season 3, Episode 18
Production Number: 3.18
Air Date: 04/25/07
Synopsis:"After discovering that all of "The Others'" pregnant women died before giving birth on the island, an extremely reticent Sun allows Juliet to examine her -- and uncovers the identity of the unborn child's father. Meanwhile, Desmond allows an unlikely nemesis to help save the life of a new, mysterious island inhabitant.
Guest starring are Byron Chung as Mr. Paik, Andrew Divoff as Mikhail, Marsha Thomason as Naomi, John Shin as Mr. Kwon, Alexis Rhee as older woman, Esmond Chung as Paik's associate and Jean Chung as Paik's secretary.
"D.O.C." was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz and directed by Fred Toye." (ABC Press Release 4/9/07)
- Naomi says that they found the plane from Flight 815, and that all the people had been killed.
- The baby is Jin's and that Sun will probably die in two months.
- Juliet is still reporting to Ben.
- Mikhail is alive!
- Sun is responsible for her husband becoming an "enforcer" for her dad by taking the money. (She had a "Catch 22" choice of her own in this case.)
- What does Naomi really say when Mikhail translates it to as "thank you?"
- "I am not alone," in Portuguese.
Who is Naomi?
- Naomi came from Charles Widmore's boat on a helicopter. The purpose of the people on the boat is to find and capture Benjamin Linus.
- Why does she know how to speak at least five different languages: English (with a bit of an accent that can be British or Scottish), Spanish, Italian, Chinese, and Portuguese?
- Is Naomi connected to Widmore (aside from Penny), Dharma Initiative, or Hanso Foundation?
- She is connected to Charles Widmore; she came from his boat.
- Why does she have a copy of "Catch-22" in Portuguese if she can understand and speak English (as in, why bother reading the book in another language when you can read it in your native tongue)? Therefore, does she have a connection with the two Portuguese-speaking men in season two finale?
- How does Mikhail reappear in this episode ?
- The fence was not set to lethal.
- The fence was not set to lethal.
Trivia:The title is allegedly an acronym for "date of conception."
Theories:#1: The Surreal of "D.O.C.": Okay,, instead of me telling you, let me ask you; What was the general TIME orientation of this episode? The title of the episode is a good hint for the answer, The Past. How the 3 women dealt with the influence of the Past on their " now" was clearly presented.
Sun, paid off the ransom of the past to stop the shame of it in her flashback, She managed Love to rise above the shame of her more recent past. Juliette is still straddling the fence,, being held hostage, a ransom by Ben gathering nothing but Hate in her heart, all the while experiencing the Joy of giving " Good" news and the sorrow of " Bad " news, and our Dark Angel Who Fell From The Sky,,announcing,, in the Past, they all died, The Past is DEATH., ( and Mikhail came back from the Dead, to save her life, ho-boy!!).
The Surreal of all this,,is in the conception of the Idea...what is found in the Imagination, waiting for you, the AHA! moment,, Eureka!,,seeing the Vision,,Perceiving the New...Then What? What happens to that IDEA,,when you bring it to " reality"? How much Influence does the Past have on it maturation? Is LOVE the only way to hold off the influence of the Past? You can't bring Hate and Despair from the past along with you as you set up your future. Otherwise,, you are just guaranteeing it being preserved into the future.,as Charlie tried to do and Des wouldn't accept.
The Surreal,,as a State of Mind,,becomes the Island. A day,, or a day and a half, to heal a wound; nothing new really,,Sawyers many wounds seemed to have healed miraculously fast ,for the observant anyway. Jacks wounds, etc also. Perhaps the cerebral " bruises" and wounds suffered in searching for ones Identity are a metaphorical explanation for this Islands Healing power,, after all,, Are You Him? as the main question, has now evolved to Who Am I ?, a subtle realignment of the orientation of the basic question...just like the subtle reorientation of the flashbacks,,re-orientation of Time and Space, and re-orientation of a few key characters all happening in season 3...Do the math and yes.. every season of Lost works out to a month on the Island..So Sun's Fate awaits for her in season 5,, the number on Jacks Tattoo..count to Five to disperse the fear, that you bring along with you from the Past,,so you can go into the future renewed.
|Latest page update: made by BenGman , Mar 29 2010, 6:39 PM EDT (about this update About This Update Edited by BenGman
36 words added
94 words deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Enea_||LOST||0||Sep 7 2007, 7:26 PM EDT by Enea_|
Thread started: Sep 7 2007, 7:26 PM EDT Watch
Naomi and Locke's Dad both said that Oceanic Flight 815 was found and all the bodies were found at the bottom of the Ocean. Unless they were both lying and are working for the others there's ony one explanation for it. If the list of passangers was changed somehow all the families would know their missing people. The other explanation is that the plane that was found wasn't Oceanic fight 815 and somehow the others had something to do with it so people wouldn't look for them. The only sure thing is that the people on the Island aren't dead and it isn't a one way Island because Richard and Ethan both met Juliet off the Island . Dead people dont just go walking about off the island.
|Anonymous||Mikhail...or is it?||2||May 1 2007, 11:12 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Apr 29 2007, 3:15 PM EDT Watch
I was under the impression that "the dead stay dead" on the Island. Therefore there are two possibilities:
1. Mikhail died, and this is a twin/clone. If a twin, he's been made up to look like Mikhail. It's doubtful that twins would both have the same bad/missing eye. I don't go for the clone theory, but it's possible, I guess.
2. He faked his death. How you fake that, I don't know, but he's the only one who's actually been caught in there, so we don't have any previous experiences to go by.
His final words in Par Avion- "Thank you", put me in mind of Obi-Wan. The "kill-me-and-I-become-more-powerful" thing.
I don't know how it fits in, but that's what it reminded me of.
I'm going for possibility 2.
|Anonymous||Zombies||1||May 1 2007, 5:00 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Apr 28 2007, 9:39 AM EDT Watch
Does the fact that Mikhail came back and said he already died once this week mean that those who dide on the island are still alive?? Might GIve Boone and Shannon another shot at coming back
Showing 3 of 17 threads for this page - view all